Forum Discussion

smehaffieUMB
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

403 Error When Running Test In Test Suite

When I run a test it passes, but when I run all the test through the test suite Iget a 403 (Access Forbidden).  So why do the same test run when run directly but fail when run through the test suite.  And to make things even more confusing there are other test tha do run in the test Suite hititng the same URL, just different ".asmx) page.

smehaffieUMB
    9 years ago

I found out what the issue was.  On our new Win2012 servers we had some setting setup to help stop DOS attacks. This cuased the test to fails after so many were runs successfully because the server saw the request as DOS attack because of the number of request coming from the same IP in such a quick manner.  We disabled this feature and that took care of the issue. 

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    The description is confusing? Is this happens always? or only with certain url? Do you see anything in the soapui logs or your application log to find why it is responding with 403 error?

More details would help some one to understand the problem better.
      smehaffieUMB
      Occasional Contributor

No, it does not happen all the time only when I run all the test under a test siite.  If I run the test indivudually then the test pass without any issues.  And the error does not make sense becuase it is access denied, but if that was they case why to the same test rrun when I run the test individually.  See attachments

smehaffieUMB
      Occasional Contributor

Some more information...if I move the first test that fails up 1 in the order and run all the test again the one that was fialing passes and then the one that I moved down fails.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Does test cases have dependency on other test cases?