Forum Discussion

ajay1902
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

how to upload Excel data source to GIT during VCS Commit?

Need to upload my excel data sheets of data source to GIT.

Then need to use the same data sheet in datasource?

But currently the datasource is not getting committed or uploaded to GIT and when any user tries to access/update project from GIT gets conflict and prompt to upload the data files.

4 Replies

Audi
    New Contributor

Hi,

I am looking to do something similar. Did you ever figure out a good way to do this?

ajay1902
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Audi,
    Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to do it as the tool didn't upload the data sheets specified under data source path to VCS or Git.
    The alternative is to create a folder in ur local composite project and keep ur data sheets in that folder and use tools like git ui, tortoise git etc to externally sync the files to VCS.
    Let me know if u found some other best solution to ur problem.
      Audi
      New Contributor

ajay1902 wrote:
      Hi Audi,
      Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to do it as the tool didn't upload the data sheets specified under data source path to VCS or Git.
      The alternative is to create a folder in ur local composite project and keep ur data sheets in that folder and use tools like git ui, tortoise git etc to externally sync the files to VCS.
      Let me know if u found some other best solution to ur problem.
      Thanks for the reply. My plan is to then pull the project from VCS (Git in our case) and build it automatically with our CI tool, Bamboo. Just getting the spreadsheets into Git isn't enough. The project would also need a relative path to the files, so when pulled from Git by Bamboo, it will successfully run the project without any human intervention. It is looking like in its current state, spreadsheets will not work and for data driven tests, a database will have to be used. If I find anything different, I will update my findings here.
        renepaul
        Regular Visitor

Hello, do you know if there allready exist a solution of the described problem. Because we have the same problem with the path of the excel files.

Thanks for helping us.

rene paul