Forum Discussion

mpartyka
Contributor
10 years ago

Trying to connect to SQL Database with jTDS driver

Using SoapUI Pro 5.1.1
Trying to connect to SQL Database with driver = com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver but get the following error:

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: The TDS protocol stream is not valid..[/move]

Read a similar post that suggested the jTDS driver at http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Downloaded the jtds driver, unzipped & placed jar file in C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-Pro-5.1.1\bin\ext

Under file /Preferences I added new driver
Driver = jTDS/net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
Connection String Template = jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://server:port/database;ssl=require;user=xxxx;password=xxxx

We don't want to use Windows authentication. Test connections just hang. Can you help ? Thanks M. Heeke

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Can you please Close SoapUI, Reopen it, run the JDBC testrequest and the go down to the SoapUI log and Error log, export them and send them to me. Thanks

Regards,
    Temil
  • ERROR LOG

Thu Sep 04 09:36:31 EDT 2014:ERROR:java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.
    java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:654)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:371)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at com.eviware.soapui.support.jdbc.JdbcUtils.initConnection(JdbcUtils.java:62)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.getDatabaseConnection(JdbcSubmit.java:190)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.prepare(JdbcSubmit.java:222)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.runQuery(JdbcSubmit.java:173)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.run(JdbcSubmit.java:147)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.sendMSLoginPkt(TdsCore.java:1963)
    at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:617)
    ... 14 more

SOAPUI LOG
    Thu Sep 04 09:36:31 EDT 2014:ERROR:An error occurred [I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.], see error log for details
    Thu Sep 04 09:36:31 EDT 2014:INFO:Error getting response for [JDBC Request 1]; java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.