Forum Discussion

IanWatson92
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

SecretKey not supported due to JCEKS keystores not supported

Hello,

I am trying to implement Outoing WS-Security to comply with the OWSM "oracle/wss11_username_token_with_message_protection_service_policy" which requires the Signature algorithm of "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#hmac-sha1"

The algorithm requires a SecretKey.

However it appears that the free version does not support a JCEKS keystore type and only supports a JKS keystore.

A JKS keystore doesn't support SecretKeys.

SOAPUI does however offer the option to use the signature algorithm.

To summarise:
JKS does not support SecretKeys
HMAC-SHA1 needs a SecretKey
SOAPUI supports HMAC-SHA1 but does not support a JCEKS keystore, so there is no way to get a secret key, hence will fail.

If you try and import a JCEKS keystore you will not be able to access the store due to SOAPUI thinking its a JKS keystore not a JCEKS.

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I've created enhancement request SOAP-1153 for JCEKS keystore support.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
      simonjdonnelly
      Contributor

Was this feature ever added? I'm currently having issues configuring WSS11 with Ready API 1.4.1

PiotrG
      Occasional Contributor

What is current ETA?

makix13
        Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm currently with same issue.

My SOAPUI Version is the free one 5.3.0.

Each time I try to configure a jceks with a secret key (for hmac signature):

• Wed Apr 19 19:34:22 CEST 2017:ERROR:Could not load keystore/truststore
        • Wed Apr 19 19:34:22 CEST 2017:ERROR:java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.crypto.spec.SecretKeySpec cannot be cast to java.security.PrivateKey
        • java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.crypto.spec.SecretKeySpec cannot be cast to java.security.PrivateKey

I saw that there was a feature request SOAP-1153 in 12-09-2013 (https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/JCEKS-keystores/td-p/37376)  but it seems it's not implemented, at least in the free one.

Any idea about it.

Best regards