Forum Discussion

cauvery
Contributor
8 years ago

Ready API junit reports to show each datasource row as testcase

I saw many messages about this but could not find solution. Is there a way to get each datasource row as a test case in the junit report.  I am actually executing the tests from Jenkins job and I really want this feature. Please let me know if this is possible with Ready API Junit report or other alternative. I am using soapui-pro-maven-plugin.

For example, I want the report to show for which set to data the testcase has failed and which set of data the testcase has passed and not just showing the whole test case as failed.

Thank you.

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    This is interesting cauvery. How are doing it currently? Are current results helpful or not? Details would help to see if there is any alternatives.
      cauvery
      Contributor

Currently if the test fails for one row it shows as the whole test case is failed. Does not show particularly on which data row the test fails. But that is not I wanted.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Ok. I believe that in data driven world, it does not matter how many row in the data, may it is rather considered as one data set and the test should complete.

Also, it may not be possible to test for a particular row using data driven approach, right.

Of course, having details of particular row might help during defect fixing and verification quickly.