Forum Discussion

CJDownUnder
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

REST Request keeps changing, does not save correctly

Hi,

I have a weird situation where I have a REST request, but when I restart SOAPUI, it reverts to a different request. It does not seem like it saves correctly.

I think what is happening is that I originally cloned REST request "x" to make my new request, as I wanted to copy across various settings, but then changed it to REST request "y" using the control on the request editor page (see attached). However, after a restart, it seems to revert back to request "x", even after multiple saves.

I can work around this by re-creating request "y" from scratch, so this is more of an FYI.

Ready API V1.9.0 - SOAPUI NG Pro V

Edit: I also noticed that if I clone the request, even if it is set to request "y", the clone is request "x". It's like it's not respecting the change made by the control in the screencap properly.

• This is (most likely) a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. For now, try to download and install the maintenance build, it should also have this issue fixed.

If the maintenance build does not help, please contact our support team so that we can make sure this issue is fixed quickly.

5 Replies

• This is (most likely) a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. For now, try to download and install the maintenance build, it should also have this issue fixed.

If the maintenance build does not help, please contact our support team so that we can make sure this issue is fixed quickly.

CJDownUnder
      Contributor

Installing the maintenance patch does seem to have corrected this issue. Thanks for the solution Igor.

dpasotti
    Occasional Contributor

I had a similar problem with ReadyAPI 1.9 where script TestSteps would sporadically not save the work I had done. I updated to ReadyAPI 2.0 and this issue is still present. Is this a known issue as well?

CJDownUnder
      Contributor

I'm currently on 1.9.0-m-SNAPSHOT and haven't seen the issue recur. I started the project in the open-source version, then moved it into ReadyAPI half way through, and this caused inconsistencies in the project file (according to Smartbear). They're digging in to that, but it may or may not have been a source of the problem.