Forum Discussion

mamilani
New Contributor
8 years ago

ERROR:An error occurred [com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.sup

Hi!

I am trying to load a WSDL file into SoapUI, but I am getting the following error:

ERROR:An error occurred [com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException], see error log for details

Error logs:

com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionExceptionat com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:119)

at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:112)

at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:488)

at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:477)

at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:94)

at  com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:209)

at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)

at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The error started after I have followed the following instructions in order to activate TLS 1.2 on my version of SoapUI:
https://blogs.perficient.com/ibm/2016/02/19/4-steps-to-enable-tls-protocols-in-soap-ui/

After I change the line in the bin file, the tool stopped reading even TLS 1.1, 1.0 and others protocols.

I have tried to uninstall and install again, but the issue continue.

Does anyone has any clue about how to correct this error?

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies

Radford
    Super Contributor

I'm not sure if this is relavent in your case, but in a totally different scenario I was getting a strange InvalidDefinitionException. It turns out that the functionality that adds/updates WSDL always assumes a HTTP 200 OK response and that the reply contents is a WSDLdocument, thus if ever some other response is returned e.g. HTTP 401 Unauthorised, the add/update functionality ignores it and tries to process the associated reply contents as WSDL when it is not, hence the unexpected InvalidDefinitionException. This issue was reproduced by SmartBear support and logged as defect number SOAP-5946.

Try looking at the HTTP log to see if it gives you any clues.

mamilani
      New Contributor

Hi Radford, thanks for the insight.

As I have no clue about what the problem would be, maybe might be the case. Is there any fix or workaround for this defect you shared with us? 

Thanks a lot!

Radford
        Super Contributor

I'm sorry, I don't know what your specific problem is. I was just trying to highlight that it might not be an InvalidDefinitionException due to defect SOAP-5946.

I identified the root cause of my issue by examining he HTTP log within Ready API, perhaps this log will help you, good luck.