Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Creating Load Test using Wsdl classes in java project. Having each thread to be different

Hi,

I am creating a Load Test using the com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.WsdlLoadTest class in my Java project. When I run the loadTest it works, and the endpoint does what it is supposed to do to a member. The thing is I need each thread to be a different member. 

Here I go into my TestSuite, and then into my testCase. I set the propertyValue of the testCase. 

WsdlTestSuite testSuite = testProject.getTestSuiteByName("Reward");
WsdlTestCase testCase = testSuite.getTestCaseByName("TriggerActivityReward");
testCase.setPropertyValue("memberId", "182996");

The testStep gets the data of the memberId from the testCase property "memberId". As such: 

"${#TestCase#memberId}"

In the JSON of the POST rest endpoint.

Then I setUp my loadTest. 

loadTest = testCase.addNewLoadTest("firstLoadTest");
loadTest.setThreadCount(5);
loadTest.setLimitType(Enum.forInt(1));
loadTest.setTestLimit(1);

I need each thread to have a different memberId every run. How could I achieve this? I have gone through the documentation of the com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.WsdlLoadTest class, and I haven't found much. I also so something like context.ThreadIndex by adding a setUp groovy script to the loadTest. I tried that but didn't work.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Community Hero

Re: Creating Load Test using Wsdl classes in java project. Having each thread to be different

[ Edited ]

Change from :
testCase.setPropertyValue("memberId", "182996");
To:
testCase.setPropertyValue("memberId", System.currentTimeMillis().toString());

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Creating Load Test using Wsdl classes in java project. Having each thread to be different

Thanks for your response Rao. The thing is I have an array lets say with 100 memberIDs, those are the memberIDs I need to use, they can't just be random numbers. Inside my JSON I also have a groupID which is the group that memberID is part of. I also have another array with the groupIDs I need to use.

Is there anyway to get every thread, and change the properties of the TestCase just before a thread ("user") is created for the Load Test?

Thanks!

Community Hero

[ Edited ]

Then you can define the list with valid values in a groovy script before json request step

​def list = [12343, 12345, 342432,3432,32131]

def index = new Random().nextInt(list.size())
context.testCase.setPropertyValue('memberId', "${list[index]​.toString()}​")

Regards,
Rao.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rao, Thank you so much for your help! Is this script a setUp script for the LoadTest or a script for the TestStep?

Thank you again!

Andres

Community Hero

You can use it as step in the test case as mentioned earlier.
Regards,
Rao.
Register Now