Forum Discussion

cseeman
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Add Derby JDBC Driver/Database Configuration

I am testing out SoapUI NG Pro and Ready API 1.8.0 and I am attempting to add a new JDBC driver for Derby (10.12.1.1).  I have added the JAR file in the ReadyAPI-1.8.0\bin\ext folder but how do I see the JDBC driver as an option in the drop down menu when configuring a new database connection?  I am attempting to add a DataSource test step in a test case.

There doesn't seem to be an error, but the Derby JDBC is not present in the drop down.

• Hi,

To get the connection string in template add the connection string template in File > Preferences > JDBC Drivers

Add your driver and connection string template.

Thanks

• I used "derbyclient-10.12.1.1.jar" and was able to successfully connect with a derby database.

6 Replies

• Hi,

To get the connection string in template add the connection string template in File > Preferences > JDBC Drivers

Add your driver and connection string template.

Thanks

cseeman
      New Contributor

Thank you, this was the solution to my issue.  Also making sure the naming of the JDBC driver is key!

Tanya, I did restart, but the problem wasn't just making sure the physical jar file was present in the folder location but was to run the configuration steps to add the new JDBC driver.  This is not an automated process, but one that requires manual configuration.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Cseeman,

Have you restarted Ready! API after adding the file for the product folder?

Please check this out.

Lamb99
    New Contributor

Hi,  I am using SOAPUI PRO.  All new technology to me.  I am using Derby database for datadriven test.  I need to know which  .JAR file I should copy in ReadyAPI-1.8.5\bin\ext.  

Many thanks

B

cseeman
      New Contributor

I used "derbyclient-10.12.1.1.jar" and was able to successfully connect with a derby database.

Lamb99
        New Contributor

Thank you for your help.  It is working now.