Support for development and execution of generic scripts
I would appreciate additional support for scripting:
- list of custom scripts (either stored in a folder or in a workspace configuration xml), with the option to create, save and modify scripts
The motivation: there are often situations when I need to execute a script which does not belong to any test, e.g.:
- bulk change of a property within a project (or multiple projects)
- launch several selected test suits
- launch all test suits of selected projects
- generate a test project from a list of WSDLs etc.
Currently: the projects support scripting: setUp scripts, tearDown scripts, Groovy test steps, Groovy assertions etc. When I need to launch a generic script I have to use an existing project, create a Groovy test step, do the scripting, then do the cleanup. Some other users create a new test project just to develop and debug scripts, then delete it. This is ineffective.
If I launch the tests from command line, I cannot use the SoapUI user environment to analyze the test results. The scripting support would provide both -- the efficiency of scripting and the comfort of the user environment.
Here you can review submitted feature requests and vote up the ones you like! If you can't find the feature you want - go ahead and suggest your own idea. Ideas with the highest rating can be implemented in the product.