cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running virtual service from exported war file on tomcat

New Contributor

Problem running virtual service from exported war file on tomcat

Hi Everybody,

I'm currently trying to test virtual services (created from wsdl file) that are exported to a *.war file and deployed in tomcat. The deployment is successful, it is visible and runing when you check in "Manager App". The problem starts when I want to enter the link and view the WebUI. Everytime I get a 500 Error "com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarCoreInterface". 

Error from browser: 

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarCoreInterface
	com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarServlet.getMockServletCore(MockAsWarServlet.java:170)
	com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarServlet.service(MockAsWarServlet.java:176)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)

Server logs:

04-Sep-2018 13:57:56.226 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-3] com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarServlet.init null
 java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockRunner.start(WsdlMockRunner.java:231)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockRunner.<init>(WsdlMockRunner.java:79)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.WsdlMockService.start(WsdlMockService.java:439)
	at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractMockService.start(AbstractMockService.java:211)
	at com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarServlet.init(MockAsWarServlet.java:99)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1124)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1079)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:761)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:133)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:490)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:668)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:408)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:770)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1415)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I read some posts on the internet about this but they are minimum 1-2yrs old and no solution worked for me. I tried exporting the war file from two versions of ReadyApi 2.3 and 2.4, ran it on two systems windows and ubuntu and on two versions of tomcat version 8 and 9. I also tried making everything from scrach (without using a wsdl file) and also no luck.. always get that error. Can somebody help me? Anybody had this issue?

BR,

Michal

2 REPLIES 2
New Contributor

Re: Problem running virtual service from exported war file on tomcat

Additional info:

This time I generated the war file in SoapUI 5.3.0 free version and it worked. Got it deployed in tomcat without problems and its running. Now the question is why can't I get it running when I save the war file in ReadyApi ??

Community Hero

Re: Problem running virtual service from exported war file on tomcat

Hi Michal,

I think that you may consider to create Support ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ReadyAPI form.

P.S. Will appreciate it if you update this thread with the result if any for the benefit of others.

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Read the Latest News
NovemberNews