Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How start ServiceV on ethernet port instead of on localhost

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

How start ServiceV on ethernet port instead of on localhost

I am user of ReadyAPI PRO. 

Now I created some virtual service - it is listenning on "localhost" but I need to send some request in to it form public ethernet. Because there are other security settings than on localhost.

I am unable to change listenning on some other URL than localhot. 

Please let me know, how to start virtual service form external ethernet like 10.0.0.5????

It is feasible?

I just test it in free SoapUI.. there is no problem..  I am using licensed software. Thanks a lot. I did not found any way, how to change localhost to 10.0.0.5..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: How start ServiceV on ethernet port instead of on localhost

I finally understand of Smartbear policy.. 

Pay again, pay again.. 

Like in the beginning: download ReadyAPI with SoapUI PRO (reasonable - I know why, add value is know).

Once when I developed a huge MOCK with quite long scripts.. all works on localhot. I did not get idea, that I have to pay extre 1000 EUR (COMMON.. this is a lot!) for running MOCK on ethernet.

As a solution (thanks looong investigation and late response on community server) was choicen free version of SoapUI.

Thanks to succeded migration scipts form PRO to free I found, that I can realay on SoapUI only for the future. 

So in the end.. Good news for as. We dont have to pay for licenses. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi,

If I got your question right:

"To run the virtual service on a remote machine, you need to install VirtServer there." - from: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/servicev/intro/about.html#running-virtual-services-virts...

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Highlighted
Contributor

I finally understand of Smartbear policy.. 

Pay again, pay again.. 

Like in the beginning: download ReadyAPI with SoapUI PRO (reasonable - I know why, add value is know).

Once when I developed a huge MOCK with quite long scripts.. all works on localhot. I did not get idea, that I have to pay extre 1000 EUR (COMMON.. this is a lot!) for running MOCK on ethernet.

As a solution (thanks looong investigation and late response on community server) was choicen free version of SoapUI.

Thanks to succeded migration scipts form PRO to free I found, that I can realay on SoapUI only for the future. 

So in the end.. Good news for as. We dont have to pay for licenses. 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Community Hero

Hi,

> I finally understand of Smartbear policy..

Good. Old school guys used to read documentation first and evaluate. And only after that they are starting to dig. Smiley Happy

> We dont have to pay for licenses.

I believe that customers of your product do not pay you either, don't they?

> Pay again, pay again.. 

And the fact that SoapUI OS (open source) is provided by the same company tells you nothing?

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================