Forum Discussion

senthkum
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Do you have videos of Record & Replay for serviceV pro?

HI Team,

I have a requirment where I need to record the incoming traffic and replay back. Is there a link (document) which explains about that. If I have 5 different request and the response was captured through traffic. Now when I run the request I should get the relevant response back without adding addition code or without dispatcher style. Is there any settings where it has a intelligence to read the incoming request and send the response for the same ?

When googled i found "https://www.soapui.org/http-recording/recording.html", but this is for SOAPUI, I would require for ServiceV pro. 

Thanks

Senthil Kumar. M 

senthkum
    5 years ago

Thanks Alex,

Yes, I followed the same approach for traffic recording, but my question is with out dispatch style (Script/Xpath/QueryMatch), can we send the response based on the incomming request ?

Even the document says :

To record several responses for the same request, simply send this request several times during the recording. You can then configure response settings in the virtual service editor to use conditional responding.

This means conditional response can not be sent without dispatch style, We need to add some code to it.

Thanks

Senthil kumar. M

3 Replies

senthkum
      Contributor

Thanks Alex,

Yes, I followed the same approach for traffic recording, but my question is with out dispatch style (Script/Xpath/QueryMatch), can we send the response based on the incomming request ?

Even the document says :

To record several responses for the same request, simply send this request several times during the recording. You can then configure response settings in the virtual service editor to use conditional responding.

This means conditional response can not be sent without dispatch style, We need to add some code to it.

Thanks

Senthil kumar. M

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Some dispatching is required by the architecture of ServiceV. It must know how to choose the proper response to send back to the given request.

If only one response exists for the given request, then practically any dispatch style should work.

> This means conditional response can not be sent without dispatch style, [...]

Correct, because you must implement (describe) criteria to use to select one proper response out of several that exist and can be send back for the given request.

Can you provide your use case or ServiceV screenshot if the above does not answer your question?