Forum Discussion

saurabhsharma09
Contributor
10 years ago

xml namespace in response not getting updated in Soap UI 5.0

Hi,

I am presently using SoapUI Pro 5.0.0 where i have imported my existing projects from SoapUI Pro 4.6.4 version. Now i am encountering an issue where xml namespace in response is not getting updated correctly. Same soapUI project works fine with 4.6.4 but gets failed in 5.0.0 version due to XPath assertion getting failed.
Please refer attached screenshot for reference and let me know in case you require any other information.

Thanks,
Saurabh

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

The reason you are having this issue is that in v5.0 we implemented a workaround for this. In v5,0 we now remember a namespace for JSON to XML conversion and then overwrite the same namespace so that our generated XPATH should work. This unfortunately breaks the old workaround where the namespace was automatically generated and not static.

What we would recommend is either staying on the 4.6.4 version of SoapUI Pro for this workaround to keep working. Ideally, however, you could use the even newer functionality we released in v5.1 and replace these XPATH assertions for JSON with JSONPath assertions that we now include in v5.1 (http://www.soapui.org/Downloads/release-notes.html).

Regards,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support