Forum Discussion

rubend
New Contributor
8 years ago

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element: CDATA

Hi ,

I am getting below error while providing initail wsdl

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element: CDAT

Any Solution how to resolve this error

4 Replies

Radford
    Super Contributor

First off are you sure your WSDL is valid? There are various on-line analysers you can use a quick Google will find them, one I've seen mentioned here is https://www.wsdl-analyzer.com though I must admit I've not used it myself.

If you are sure your WSDL is valid, there is a bug in Ready API with the add/update WSDL over HTTP functionality as it always assumes that the HTTP response is a 200 OK, and processes the response expecting it is a WSDL document regardless. Thus if for whatever reason the HTTP response is something else, e.g. "401 Unauthorized" it still tries to process the response as a WSDL doc, and thus raising unexpected and confusing errors (raised as SmartBear defect number SOAP-5946).

A way to check for the above is to save your WSDL as a file on disk and attempt to load that. Also you can check the HTTP log window to see if there are any HTTP errors on attempting to import your WSDL.

If the WSDL is valid, and the issue is not the above bug, I would recommend that you log a support call providing the WSDL for SmartBear to investigate. 

rubend
      New Contributor

Yes its a valid wsdl ,

Do we need any certificate to access wsdl  from SOAPUI,Since to access wsdl from Client machine we are updating host file.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi rubend,

I suppose there are some special elements in your WSDL file. Please check this.

If this doesn't help, post your wsdl here.

rubend
      New Contributor

HI Tanya ,

what type of special elements you are stating in WSDL ,If any how can we modify that,Since its coming form server.