Forum Discussion

Michael_Heinze
Contributor
15 years ago

mssql server 2008 database connection problem

hello,

i am trying to create a new db connection in 3.0 beta 2 latest nightly build as a jdbc connection with the Microsoft SQL driver but i always get a connection init error:

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; java.lang.Exception: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver], connectionString [jdbc:sqlserver://DBServer:1433;databaseName=Rese;user=User;password=#####]

i am creating the connection with the new wizard and entering the needed data which gives me this connection string:
driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
connection string: jdbc:sqlserver://DBServer:1433;databaseName=Rese;user=User;password=

what do i need to change in the connection string?

thanks
Chris

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Chris,

just a check; did you select to install the mssql driver in the installer or have you installed it yourself?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • hello,

i have identified the problem. the driver string is set to com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver but it should be com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

also the sqljdbc.jar version doesnt work with mssql server 2008 - you always get an error that the version of sql server must be 2000 or later

regards,
    Chris
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Thanks for digging in, this will be corrected in the upcoming nightly build.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

The driver string for SQLServer has been changed to com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver. In order to apply changes you have to reload the driver settings in SoapUI Preferences/ Jdbc drivers properties , or just change the entry manually. Changes will be available in upcoming nightly-build.
    Regarding SqlServer 2008 problem, as soon as we add distributing the appropriate jar we'll let you know.

Regards,

Dragica,
    eviware.com