Forum Discussion

10 years ago

mac retina shows whitespace which isn't there

I have an 2014 Macbook pro with retina display and use soapui version 5.0.0
In the soap request (and response) windows the xml shows white space before the closing > of an tag.
However the white space isn't really there. I can't delete it. And when I try to select the complete tag with my mouse from te beginning to the end. The whitespace disappears slowly which each caracter selected. Like the text is slowly stretched until the complete space between the < and > is filled.
The text shown looks like this: <ns:productRequest >
(I put on purpose two spaces at the end to show how it is displayed on my screen.)

Is this an known issue and should I wait for the next update for SoapUI?
Or can I make some screen adjustments to temporarily solve this problem until it is fixed?

The requests are send correctly and it does not compromise the functioning of soapUi, it only looks silly.

2 Replies

• Same problem here.
    The whitespace will grow if the tag gets longer. Also there are whitespaces shown between attributes inside the tag.

The really annoying part is, that the cursor position is not shown at the correct position. The whitespace looks like at least 2-3 blank characters, and i can also position the cursor inside this whitespace. If i try to delete one of these (not existing) blanks, a character aligned 2-3 characters before, will be deleted.

Any ideas?
    pronerd
    New Contributor
    The last two major releases (versions 4 & 5) of SoupUI have had major issues on MacOS. There are tons of GUI rendering issues, startup times are absurdly slow, etc. etc. Besides those white spaces characters are over lapping each other. It does not seem to be retina related.

The only solutions I have found are:
    1. Down grade to version 4.6.4
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/ ... pui/4.6.4/
    2. Some people have had luck tinkering with the "Native LF" options under UI Settings. File > Preferences.

3. What worked best for me was to switch to the generic SoupUI download that is not specific to Mac. This fixes all the UI bugs, and is MUCH faster, but you have to know how to set executable permissions for the .sh files though and how to launch .sh script files via command line.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/ ... p/download