Forum Discussion

testhrishi
Frequent Contributor
9 years ago

looking for a good way to import request xml from a text file

I have a set of say multiple xml requests in a text file. Although I used a comma separator for my datasink, the requests get added one below the next without a comma, and thats how I have the file created and set up.

Now if I need to re-run the exact same requests through the loop until it reads them all, is there a good way to read those request sequentially from the file?

3 Replies

testhrishi
    Frequent Contributor

Anybody?, somebody :smileysad:

testhrishi wrote:

I have a set of say multiple xml requests in a text file. Although I used a comma separator for my datasink, the requests get added one below the next without a comma, and thats how I have the file created and set up.

Now if I need to re-run the exact same requests through the loop until it reads them all, is there a good way to read those request sequentially from the file?

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      With the given details, it is difficult to comment any. Would mind providing more details about the use case, test case with steps and how data is present that you are reading.
      Please use a document to capture screens if that makes easy to explain the problem or video would be good, whatever possible.
        testhrishi
        Frequent Contributor

Thanks nmrao,

actually instead of file reading from excel seems to be a better option in my case.

I am trying to create say 100k unique requests for something and would like to run the same over and over again at some point.

So I need to write the first pass to file and then may be use the same file as datasource for next.

So I was hoping to make use of datasink and datasource.

excel may do the job in this case.

Thanks!