Forum Discussion

acagle
New Contributor
8 years ago

how do I copy an xpath from my soapui web service SOAP results?

I used to be able to do this, and now I can't.  Please help!

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Acagle,

Did you mention what had been changed? Do you see XPath in the results?

From my understanding, the report should show the result of the XPath evaluation. You should see XPath in your test step.

acagle
      New Contributor

I don't see any changes to the UI since the last time I was able to do this, which was a while ago (2 years).  Here is the process I am trying to follow:

1. Using SOAP UI Pro, create a new Request

2. Enter the necessary Request params and execute

3. In the right-hand Response window, I see my large response message

4. Scroll through the response message until I find the xpath item I need

5. (Here is the part that doesn't work anymore) Right click on the item and choose from the right-click menu "Copy Xpath"

6. Open my Excel mapping document and paste the xpath into the appropriate cell

Now, perhaps I am remembering step 5 incorrectly - but those steps basically outline what I am trying to do.  I created a mapping document with columns for database field, report field, and web service xpath.  The service has changed and I am attempting to update that document now.

This was pretty simple in the past, and while I do have test cases set up, I don't recall using them for this process.

-ACagle

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Acagle,

Thanks for the explanation.

Could you please explain what happened? Don't you see the "Copy XPath" item in the context menu or was an empty string copied?