Forum Discussion

zsousa
Contributor
8 years ago

having issues with ReadyAPI versioning integration

Hi All, I am going crazy trying to maintain changes in Git when ever we save ReadyAPI project.  Is anyone using file versioning(GIT) with ReadyAPi and how do you get past this issue?

Basically, if I make a change to environment, when I save my project the  file that I see was updated is settings.xml, however, the way ReadyAPI updates this file makes it difficult for someone else to see what changed.

so if two people add a new environment, its difficult to merge the changes using GIT.

4 Replies

Radford
    Super Contributor

From your question, I assume that you are already using composite projects, being that you talk about a settings.xml file.

While I don't use Git (I use SVN), I found that to get maximum benefit from diffs I had to make sure that the "Pretty print project files" preference was set. For some (I guess historical) reason, this setting is on the WSDL preferences page:

While this allows you to see exactly what has changed when diff-ing versions, it does have the problem that it is an application setting, thus you have to make sure all users set this value manually on their copies of ReadyAPI (If a user does not set this in their copy ReadyAPI it will revert to saving on a single line). Ideally I would like to see this as a project setting.

Radford
    Super Contributor

Something went wrong with posting see reply below.

Radford
    Super Contributor

Something went wrong with posting see reply below.