Forum Discussion

rrajagopal
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException:No such property: GC_INTERVAL

I am getting the below error when executing the Setup script from testsuite level in Ready API. This script works fine from SOAPUI open source version.

Please help to understand what could be the issue here?

• Tue Jan 25 14:31:20 EST 2022: ERROR: com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.ScriptException: Error in Setup Script of P*****
  • com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.ScriptException: Error in Setup Script of P****
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlTestSuite.runSetupScript(WsdlTestSuite.java:652)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.ProWsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel$SetupScriptGroovyEditorModel$1.actionPerformed(ProWsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.java:921)
  • at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1972)
  • at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2313)
  • at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
  • at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
  • at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:279)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:297)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6617)
  • at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6382)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2264)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4993)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2322)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4825)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4934)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4563)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4504)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2308)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2773)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4825)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
  • at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
  • at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
  • at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
  • at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
  • at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
  • at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
  • Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: GC_INTERVAL for class: com.eviware.soapui.settings.UISettings
  • at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeStaticMissingProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1018)
  • at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1952)
  • at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:1927)
  • at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.getProperty(MetaClassImpl.java:3861)
  • at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ClassMetaClassGetPropertySite.getProperty(ClassMetaClassGetPropertySite.java:50)
  • at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:329)
  • at setDataProperties.setSoapUIPreferences(setDataProperties.groovy:1159)
  • at setDataProperties.run(setDataProperties.groovy:30)
  • at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:427)
  • at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(GroovyShell.java:470)
  • at groovy.lang.Script.evaluate(Script.java:237)
  • at groovy.lang.Script$evaluate.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
  • at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:2)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:94)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:83)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlTestSuite.runScript(WsdlTestSuite.java:680)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlTestSuite.runSetupScript(WsdlTestSuite.java:650)
  • ... 37 more
  • Hi,

I had a look in SoapUI and there is a Garbage Collection Interval setting in the UI section of preferences.

My ReadyAPI (3.10.0) does not have this setting in the Preferences.

Why?  I don't know.   Maybe SmartBear decided to the let app govern garbage collection without letting the user override.

I think this is probably a question for the support desk, not the community forum.

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey rrajagopal,

Im not a groovy expert and i cant comment on why the groovy works in soapui, but fails in readyapi (other than guessing different jdk and groovy libraries), but i think even the coding experts (e.g. ChrisAdams, nmrao, etc.) will need to see whats in the groovy file called in the second line of your setup script. Could you publish the file so we can see it please?

Only other thing i got without seeing the contents of the groovy file is to say that your exception is pretty explicit...it sounds like your code is trying to call a property that doesnt exist or something similar. In the meantime, could you add some logging into the groovy file (especially around the areas ofcode dealing with the GC_INTERVAL property) and execute it to try and diagnose the issue?

Cheers,

Rich
      ChrisAdams
      Champion Level 2

Hi,

I had a look in SoapUI and there is a Garbage Collection Interval setting in the UI section of preferences.

My ReadyAPI (3.10.0) does not have this setting in the Preferences.

Why?  I don't know.   Maybe SmartBear decided to the let app govern garbage collection without letting the user override.

I think this is probably a question for the support desk, not the community forum.