Forum Discussion

smartTest
Contributor
12 years ago

Workspace Crashing

Hi All,

I'm having problems with my SoapUI workspace and it refuses to load with a java error.{Attached image}

This all started when I started to use the Default workspace to load in projects. When the default workspace crashed, it refused to load any workspace so I went into the C drive and created a default workspace myself and backed up the old default workspace. This worked temporarily and from then on, I started naming the workspaces so that the default one still loads irrespective of the crash. But Off late, I seem to have this problem very often almost once in 2 weeks.

I'm attaching the following to this thread:
1. SoapUI Workspace Crash Error
2. Default Workspace
3. Crashed Workspace

Has any one faced this issue or know of a solution to fix this? Please help..

Many Thanks!

4 Replies

• Hiya
    Does anyone have any advice on this? My colleague is having a lot of problems with workspaces.
    thanks
    Di
  • Hi!

The workspace Workspace 11-04-13-workspace.xml is completely broken and cannot be restored.

Is there anything else we can do for you?

Regards

Henrik O
  • Hi Henrik,

Have you been able to reproduce the workspace crashing at your end? Is there any solution to fix this because this is happening very often lately.

Pleasde advise.

Many Thanks!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with this. I haven't encountered anything like it before, and unfortunately haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

It looks like there's some sort of null character in your workspace that SoapUI can't read causing the crash. We need some clues in order to figure out what's going on. What version of SoapUI are you running? Is there any pattern that can be observed when this occurs? Are you working on any project in particular where this happens? If so, is it possible for you to send me the project file so that I can take a look?

Regards,

Arian
    SmartBear Sweden