Forum Discussion

jmwest
New Contributor
8 years ago

WSDL Request coverage always showing 0%

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong in my project, but I can't seem to get any coverage on soap requests.  I have attached some screen shots of what I am seeing.  Basically, in my test cases, I am making soap requests with all the fields populated, and then asserting on the fields in the responses.  However, the coverage shows that there is no coverage on any of the requests.  In the images attached, I show the coverage on the binding showing 0/2 on one of the operations (as an example, since all of them have this problem).  I also show the coverage report on one of the test cases using the request, including the Message Coverage view.  I also include a screen shot of the actual request, which shows the value being populated.  Also of note, I noticed that the XML view of the request allows me to "Enable Message Coverage" which shows 2/2 coverage when running the test case.  However, even with this option checked at the message level, the project level coverage still shows 0/2 on the binding and the test case request body elements.  I have double checked that the namespaces match the hosted wsdl.

Can you tell me where I am going wrong that is causing 0% coverage on all request bodies?

Using: SoapUI NG Pro in Ready! API 1.6.0

Thank you,

Jerry

1 Reply

jmwest
    New Contributor

Since the community has been silent on this, I am still looking around to find an answer.  More research has shown that if I put the request as the very first test step, it will count the coverage on that request.  But if it is further down the list of steps, the coverage is not counted.  Any ideas why it would behave like this?  It seems like a bug to me...