Forum Discussion

brisbrain
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Upgrade 3.6 to 3.10 non default installation directory

Hi,

I would like to do an upgrade of our ReadyAPI application from 3.6 to 3.10.2

Our installation does not reside in the C:\Program Files\* and I have noticed that when launching the upgrade installer it does not prompt with an upgrade an existing application option.

Is there a way to add the current installation path so the installer knows there is an installed application to update ?

• Hey brisbrain 

Don't think there's a choice unless SmartBear alter the install packaging options to support this variation. 

I'm guessing the install is only recognising there's an app to upgrade if a SmartBear directory exists within the Program Files directory (I'm assuming you're talking Windows here and not Mac or Unix/Linux).

So I think you'll just have to go with uninstalling the v3.6 and doing a fresh install of v3.10.2 

Sorry can't be of more help!

Cheers,

Rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hey brisbrain 

Don't think there's a choice unless SmartBear alter the install packaging options to support this variation. 

I'm guessing the install is only recognising there's an app to upgrade if a SmartBear directory exists within the Program Files directory (I'm assuming you're talking Windows here and not Mac or Unix/Linux).

So I think you'll just have to go with uninstalling the v3.6 and doing a fresh install of v3.10.2 

Sorry can't be of more help!

Cheers,

Rich

brisbrain
      New Contributor

Thanks Rich,

Appears that your correct.  I ended up doing a parallel installation.

The doco through me a bit when I saw screenshots of detecting a previous version.