Forum Discussion

Mdar
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Test steps get disabled when running Test Case

Hello,

I'm having an odd issue that when I run my test cases, the back half of test steps in a given test case get "disabled" and do not run -- what might be the issue?

Sequence

1. Hit the "Run" button for either an individual test case, or the entire collection of cases

2. Certain test cases, the back half of test steps get disabled

3. The enabled test cases run fine

• Hi Mdar ,

If you are running tests that you did not create yourself, the most logical would be that there is a testcase setup script that has a "setDisabled(true)" for those specific test steps? It could also be in any of the first 4 groovy tests steps, the testcase teardown or even disabled from a project/test suite setup script.... I'd hope that there would be some logging done to the console about this disabling from whomever created those test (to avoid questions like this).

2 Replies

JoostDG
    Frequent Contributor

Hi Mdar ,

If you are running tests that you did not create yourself, the most logical would be that there is a testcase setup script that has a "setDisabled(true)" for those specific test steps? It could also be in any of the first 4 groovy tests steps, the testcase teardown or even disabled from a project/test suite setup script.... I'd hope that there would be some logging done to the console about this disabling from whomever created those test (to avoid questions like this).

Mdar
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you JoostDG -- that was the issue.

All the best,

-Mdar