Forum Discussion

Ryu
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Stop ReadyAPI from looking for an already activated license?

I installed ReadyAPI on a virtual machine and applied my fixed Service-V license, which I had already activated on my physical machine.  It turns out that I don't need to use Service-V on my VM at all and therefore don't need to deactivate the license from my physical machine, but ReadyAPI on the VM still looks for the license every time I open it and I get an error message saying that I already activated it.  How can I get ReadyAPI to stop looking for that license?

• I have figured it out.  Since no one else seems to have this issue, just in case someone else comes across it, I have resolved this by removing (after making a backup) the servicev.dat and servicev.key files from the c:\users\administrator\.readapi folder.

2 Replies

Ryu
    Contributor

FYI - I have uninstalled and then reinstalled and that did not fix the issue.

Ryu
    Contributor

I have figured it out.  Since no one else seems to have this issue, just in case someone else comes across it, I have resolved this by removing (after making a backup) the servicev.dat and servicev.key files from the c:\users\administrator\.readapi folder.