Forum Discussion

LahiriS
New Contributor
12 years ago

SoapUI Pro 4.5.1 fails to start

Since the past week, SoapUI Pro (Version 4.5.1) is failing to start (it had been working fine until then). The symptoms are as follows:
1) Double clicking the SoapUI Pro icon on the desktop returns no response.
2) Attempting to uninstall SoapUI Pro from Windows Control Panel fails.
3) Attempting to install results in the errors described in the attachment.

Please help, since my testing efforts are totally blocked.

Thanks.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. What platform are you using (32-bit or 64-bit), and what installer did you download and run?

Regards,

Arian
    SmartBear Sweden
    LahiriS
    New Contributor
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have sent the details in the response to an e-mail from Temil.

SoapUI Pro has been running successfully till now on my Windows 7 Enterprise environment. The installer I have used earlier and currently is "soapUI-Pro-x64-4.5.1" downloaded from the SmartBear site.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if additional details are needed.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

I took a look at the document you attached with pictures of the error messages.
    Since the problem looks like a java-specific issue and in picture #3 the filepicker is pointing on c:\ ->Program Files (x86)<- \java\jre\bin\java.exe it looks as if you are trying to run the installer using a 32-bit java-version. Unless of course you specified that folder to hold the java runtime environment explicitly. This would is probably interpreted by the installer as that the java.exe is damaged, hence the error in picture #4

Try to use the c:\program files\java\jre\bin\java.exe since that is where the x64-version would normally be installed.
    If it is missing or still does not help then your java-installation might be damaged and you should try to install the newest version of java 7 for x64-systems and try again.
    Download: http://java.com/

Feel free to get back to us if this did not solve the problem for you.

Best regards,

Mikael
    SmartBear Sweden