Forum Discussion

Kevin_Slade
Contributor
15 years ago

SoapUI Pro 3 Beta 2 install and run issues on 64 bit Linux

When I installed the SoapUI Pro 3.0 Beta 2 from Nightly builds from 2009-06-28 through 2009-07-07 I am seeing errors in startup and then lockups.

The errors are caused by /opt/eviware/soapUI-Pro-3.0-beta-2/bin/soapui-errors.log being owned by root:root and not writable by other.

Changing the permissions on the log files in 2009-06-28/ to be rw-rw-rw solved the visible error messages.

However, whether the log file is writable or not, SoapUI Pro will load and read the current projects. At this point the window is no longer responsive, except to minimise & restore.  The only way to terminate this SoapUI Pro instance is with a "killall -9 java".

An Earlier daily build did work but I down loaded it on the 25th or June.

I have Sun Java 1.6.0_0 JDK installed  and after some trial and error found that renaming the jre directory in opt/eviware/soapUI-Pro-3.0-beta-2 to be something like jre.old, SoapUI Pro now works.

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Neither soapUI installer nor binaries do not set owner permissions  on files. It was installed from root account. You can install it as user and than you'll have user.home/eviware/soapUI-Pro..etc..with user permissions.

Regarding hanging. Try adding -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true to soapUI-Pro-3.0.vmoptions file in bin soapui bin directory.

robert
  • Adding the -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true to soapUI-Pro-3.0.vmoptions did not have any positive impact. There was an additional error about an invalid option.

We are planning to try with a new nightly build shortly.