Forum Discussion

austino
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

SoapNG Crashes Running All Test Suites At Project Level

Version: Ready! API 1.4.1 Windows 7 core i7 8-16GB   My team has been using SoapUI since 4.6, and recently upgraded to Ready! API 1.4.1. We all have noticed on different machines that running la...
    austino
    9 years ago

I changed my .vmoptions file to include these values:

-Xms256m
    -Xmx4096m

and updated my ready-api.bat file with these values:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties

I understand my Xms values conflict in these files, but it appears to have resolved my issue, so I'm just going to leave it.

We use a lot of groovy scripts in our tests, so we believe that could be part of the issue, so if anyone else reading this uses groovy scripts and sees performance issues, make sure you include this piece: -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

I also adjusted a few test case log settings, but I don't think that was the issue because task manager shows that SoapNG is utilizing twice as much memory as before when it would crash (currently it's using 3.8GB of RAM) and it's running just fine after multiple full project runs.

Thanks for offering the link that helped me set the correct memory values.

One more thing to note: if your company has strict group permissions set, you might need to run your file editor as an administrator to be able to edit the values above successfully.