Forum Discussion

Rishabhwal
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Soap UI report in Jenkins

I have my SOAP UI functional test cases executed by Jenkins using the command line function.

I need to understand how do I get a report in Jenkins or a HTML report in Local directory.

8 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    What version are you using?
    How are you currently running? full command please.
      Rishabhwal
      Occasional Contributor

Radford : I tried the steps you mentioned and it worked fine, but the HTML report contains very less detail like test case pass/fail, and time taken. is this expected? or I can get more details into it. I understand there is nothing much which comes out of a soap ui Test but just for information wanted to know.

As of now I am using workspace to store my project and run my test cases, hence i havent used -f option. Any idea -f option needs a linux machine path or workpace path?

Radford
        Super Contributor

Yes the data is fairly limited, on failure we get basic information with the TestCase/Test step that failed and a very brief error message.

We usually treat the JUnit report as an overview, and then refer to the console output for the details. To help navigating the console output we use the Log Parser Plugin in conjunction with making sure we write structured Ready API log file messages.

With regard to your question about paths, we have a Windows installation and we use a full absolute path, though I must admit I have never investigated using relative paths.

Rishabhwal
    Occasional Contributor
    nmrao- I am using ready api 2.0.2 version.
    Command is testrunner.sh -r -c"test case" project.xml