Forum Discussion

pwillworth
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

[Resolved] sqljdbc not working after 4.5.1 upgrade

I am trying to upgrade from SoapUI 4.0.1 to 4.5.1. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver working right in the new version.

First I tried the version that comes with the jre that appears to be 1.7 and selected to install the sql driver. When I run the tests with this version, I get this error:
Fri Oct 05 11:00:34 PDT 2012:ERROR:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed.

Next I tried the zip with no jre so it would use my jdk 1.6. If I copy sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar into bin/ext like I had in my old version and try to run my test suite, I get this error:
Fri Oct 05 10:38:22 PDT 2012:ERROR:java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

Assuming this means I should remove the sqljdbc.jar file so it doesn't try to use that one, I do so, and re-run the tests, and then I get this error instead:
Fri Oct 05 10:56:32 PDT 2012:ERROR:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

This test suite runs without failure in the 4.0.1 installation. What is going wrong?

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Could you past the whole contents (stack trace) of the Fri Oct 05 10:56:32 PDT 2012:ERROR:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException message?

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    pwillworth
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, sure here it is:

Wed Oct 24 15:31:04 PDT 2012:ERROR:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1667)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1654)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.write(IOBuffer.java:1805)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSWriter.flush(IOBuffer.java:3543)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSWriter.writePacket(IOBuffer.java:3482)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSWriter.endMessage(IOBuffer.java:3062)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.startResponse(IOBuffer.java:6120)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.doExecutePreparedStatement(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:402)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement$PrepStmtExecCmd.doExecute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:350)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:5696)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:1715)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeCommand(SQLServerStatement.java:180)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerStatement.executeStatement(SQLServerStatement.java:155)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement.execute(SQLServerPreparedStatement.java:332)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.load(JdbcSubmit.java:239)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.runQuery(JdbcSubmit.java:198)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.run(JdbcSubmit.java:161)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcSubmit.<init>(JdbcSubmit.java:75)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.JdbcRequest.submit(JdbcRequest.java:135)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.JdbcRequestTestStep.run(JdbcRequestTestStep.java:205)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:238)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runCurrentTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:48)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:147)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:42)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    pwillworth
    Occasional Contributor
    dragicas wrote:
    Hi,

Have you tried the installer version (one that comes in with bundled java) in combination with sqljdbc4.jar, or some other java6 update ?
    There seem to be some issues with SQL Server and some java6 updates as suggested at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jdbcteam/archiv ... te-30.aspx

Regards,
    Dragica

I tried the installer version, but that comes with Java 7, so I don't see where java 6 comes in to play there, but maybe that issue applies to Java 7 as well. That's a lead I can look into though, thanks.
      rlong98
      Contributor

Hi - Where exactly are you putting the Djsse.enableCBCProtection=false exactly?  Can you show me the exact line you're putting in the batch