Forum Discussion

Alcatel-Lucent__5
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

[Resolved] Tomcat server chance of memory leak warning

I'm getting these warning while stopping the tomcat server. Any solution?

Thanks in Advance.

Apr 3, 2013 2:03:25 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] registered the JDBC driver [com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.DriverProxy] but failed t
o unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very lik
ely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [Thread-40] but has failed to stop it. This is very l
ikely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [SoapUIGroovyClassLoader] but has failed to stop it.
This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [AWT-Windows] but has failed to stop it. This is very
likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] appears to have started a thread named [SoapUIGroovyClassLoader] but has failed to stop it.
This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl
$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1] (value [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1@4d37e5]) and a value of type [java.util
.ArrayList] (value [[java.lang.ref.SoftReference@190d1e8, java.lang.ref.SoftReference@c5119e]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was s
topped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$1] (value [org
.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$1@7b0fb]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@f44031]) but failed
to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1] (value [o
rg.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@1a264f1]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@914272]) but
failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans$1] (value [org.apache.x
mlbeans.XmlBeans$1@a16b7c]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1979a36]) but failed to remove it wh
en the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1] (value [o
rg.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@1a264f1]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@d8355]) but f
ailed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl
$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1] (value [org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl$SchemaTypeLoaderCache$1@4d37e5]) and a value of type [java.util
.ArrayList] (value [[java.lang.ref.SoftReference@129645a, java.lang.ref.SoftReference@7b7b5d]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was s
SEVERE: The web application [/My_New_project] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans$1] (value [org.apache.x
mlbeans.XmlBeans$1@a16b7c]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@e038c4]) but failed to remove it whe
n the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
.ArrayList] (value [[java.lang.ref.SoftReference@aee908, java.lang.ref.SoftReference@14510ac]]) but failed to remove it when the web application was s
rg.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@1a264f1]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1499616]) but
failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
mlbeans.XmlBeans$1@a16b7c]) and a value of type [java.lang.ref.SoftReference] (value [java.lang.ref.SoftReference@1c8c58]) but failed to remove it whe
n the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:41 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Apr 3, 2013 2:03:41 PM org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I apologize for the slow response. We've seen your issue, but investigation is proving to be a bit difficult. We're working on it, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Arian
    SmartBear Software
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

These are normally not something you have to worry about. I am assuming you are using a mock war deployment right?
    SoapUI does all sorts of things with both class loaders and threads that you would normally not do in a production class web application.

If you run into actual memory leaks with out of memory errors occurring then it may actually be a leak.
    If you are worried I suggest you simply schedule a nightly restart of the Tomcat but I don't think there is much to worry about.