Forum Discussion

rajs2020
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago

ReadyAPI - How to export test results in different formats?

Sometimes, one needs to share with their teammates the results of failed tests which one ran in Ready api, so that the teammate can look into the failures. Is there a way to export the test results as an html file or such? Otherwise, one has to copy all the details manually from ready api and also take screenshots sometimes. This is what I'd like to have in my report:

1 - Fully qualified name of the failing tests.
2 - Reasons for test failure in detail.

An extra feature could be to export the report to a web link so that we can easily share it with our teammates. The default storage location of such reports could be google drive, dropbox etc. The location can be set by a company instead of the end user.

4 Replies

richie
      Community Hero
      Hey rajs2020,

It might be a little overkill and it isnt pretty (not like an .html report perhaps) but i use an event handler (to record my test evidence automatically) to create a .txt file for each teststep in each test case and it shows ALL the details.
      I mean the input and output (request/response) all parameters, authentication details etc. It saves the output into separate testcase directories and creates a file for every test step, and even appends multiple runs and loops along with test status (pass/fail).

It logs all this detail whether pass or fail, i'm sure you could edit the groovy on the event handler to grab only fails, but i keep it to record everything as testevidence.

Would this be of interest at all?

Ta

Rich
        rajs2020
        Frequent Contributor

Thanks. That sounds interesting, at least from a learning perspective. Do you have a test or script which for that which you could share publicly?