Forum Discussion

Mdar
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI GUI problem

Hello,

When I am running a test suite -- sometimes the GUI will show the name of which test step is being run, and sometimes it will be blank. Additionally -- often when a test is finished, it won't turn red or green, but instead remain in the "spinning" graphical state (rectangle sliding forwards and repeating) even when subsequent test cases are being run. 

Is this is a known issue with ReadyAPI, or could it be something on my end? My test cases are groovy scripts making HTTP requests, I also have an imported JAR in the /ext folder I'm accessing in the scripts. I've included an image of the area of the GUI I'm talking about

All the best,

-Mdar

• Hey Mdar,

It is a known issue and has been around for a while and happened with me about a week ago (and actually was pretty regular for the last 6 months actually).

I just ignore it for the most part....the only issue i've had is that sometimes the ReadyAPI behaviour appears to think the test is still being executed (caught in some sort of infinite loop maybe) and so i havent been able to re-execute the test. Or even worse, ive had to shut ReadyAPI down and ive always had problems if terminating ReadyAPI when a test is executing.

So i think theres 2 separate issues here in fact, although the behaviour is superficially identical. One where the GUI is a little fritzed, but you can continue working fine. But the second option is where you still have the same front end behaviour (progress slider doesnt complete), but under the covers some process is continually looping, not completing and killing ReadyAPI is the only fix that seems to work.

For the most part however, i havent had the infinite loop issue hindering continuous usage that often. Its just once in a while.

Cheers,

Rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Mdar,

It is a known issue and has been around for a while and happened with me about a week ago (and actually was pretty regular for the last 6 months actually).

I just ignore it for the most part....the only issue i've had is that sometimes the ReadyAPI behaviour appears to think the test is still being executed (caught in some sort of infinite loop maybe) and so i havent been able to re-execute the test. Or even worse, ive had to shut ReadyAPI down and ive always had problems if terminating ReadyAPI when a test is executing.

So i think theres 2 separate issues here in fact, although the behaviour is superficially identical. One where the GUI is a little fritzed, but you can continue working fine. But the second option is where you still have the same front end behaviour (progress slider doesnt complete), but under the covers some process is continually looping, not completing and killing ReadyAPI is the only fix that seems to work.

For the most part however, i havent had the infinite loop issue hindering continuous usage that often. Its just once in a while.

Cheers,

Rich
      Mdar
      Occasional Contributor

Richie,

Thank you for the response. That's too bad! We gotta get that front-end polished up.

All the best,

-Mdar