Forum Discussion

ByronJ
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Ready!API Licensing and Jenkins

Hi all,

I have been working at length on the QA strategy for my company and have in the past licensed a single key against a static AWS EC2 instance. I wanted to ask here so that there is a clearly communicated answer, if it is ok for me to license and unlicense that 1 key against an ephemeral docker container? As that container will only live for 1 run of the test pack, the license itself will constantly be installed and then uninstalled.

I am not wanting to breach any contractual agreements, so I am interested to find out an answer.

Just to be clear: Only 1 instance of the license will be registered at any given time. 

Thank you for any feedback. It is most welcome!

1 Reply

StevenColon
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for posting to our Community Forum. 

If the "key" that you are referencing is a fixed license, our EULA limits the use to a single user and machine. Therefore it is not a good choice for a container/VM where you would need to move it constantly. 

Our floating license model offers more flexibility. You can move it between users/machines as much as needed. 

Our EULA: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/general-info/copyright/eula.html

Relevant Section:

Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.