Forum Discussion

joysenthil
New Contributor
9 years ago

Ready API 1.6.0 crashes and fills all my memory if i simply open, close, save, open file of 55mb

after i moved from Soapui pro to Soapui NG PRO we have 80% memory usage and CPU usage 100% for files which has only 55mb Composite project.

As suggested by Customer care:

In your Ready API installation folder, in the Contents directory, please find the vmoptions file and open it in a text editor.
Add these lines to the file:
Edit the vmoptions file in Ready API Pro installation folder\bin folder for windows and for Mac Applications/Ready-API-Home.app/Contents/ to accommodate following changes, Set Xms128m and -Xmx to 4000 if your ram is 4GB or 8000 if its 8GB -XX:MaxPermSize=128m.
-XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=40
-XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=70
-Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true
-Dtest.history.disabled=true

we are using the full memory 8GB and find out that CPU is 100% usage after some hours and 100% memory used and the Soapui NG PRO simply crashed.

9 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Joysenthil,

Have Customer Care suggested something else to improve the situation?

I recommend that you continue working with them regarding this.

joysenthil
      New Contributor

Hi ,

They suggested to use Nightly Build with the above configuration. With Nightly Build we have crashes but not too often.

But with 1.6.0 we have crashes often as the procedure I showed above.

Can you please help us to move to newer Version.

solai
    New Contributor

Hi,

We too facing the same issue not able to open more projects in workspace, takes more for start-up and crashes often. Please provide solution for this as soon. 

Regards,

Solai

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

This happens to me multiple times a day, specifically more and more frequently when I am dealing with Test Projects that have 50,000+ properties that I have to manage. I generate these with a groovy script for every test run because the data needs to be unique. These projects are 40-50MB in size and absolutely cause SoapUI NG pro to choke. 

The projects can take 3+ minutes to even open so with every crash I am losing time to work left and right. Add in the fact that I have four or five projects that are like this (and some I've had to split into MULTIPLE projects like this so they aren't even larger), it makes for an annoyance.

SoapUI NG Pro chokes up on 100% cpu usage, and can get up to 8GB of ram (out of the 32GB I have.) There has to be something here that can be fixed.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        50K + properties? Too much. Can you please elaborate the usecase, and if they all are required all the time?