Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Question about update definition

Hello,
I recently discovered that the developers updated the WSDL and changed some tag name. e.g. became . I have a lot of test case and I wanted to know what the best / fasted way to update the request object in each of my request in each of the test cases.

This is what I have done and it works but takes a while. I first update the interface/Schema by 'update definition'. I guess that refreshes the WSDL and generates sample requests. However this update of the interface is not propagated to the requests in the test cases. So i go to each request in each test case and click on the 'recreates a default request from the schema' button. This works but can take considerable amount of time if I have a lot test cases.

Any good / faster solution to this.

THanks

Ali

1 Reply

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

unfortunately there is no easy way of handling this, eventually you could open the project file in a text editor and just do a find-and-replace if the changes are a few and "uniquely identifiable"..

this is a common feature request, but rather tricky to implement; soapUI needs to diff between the new and old wsdl and somehow figure out what changes that have been made.. I'll keep you posted!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com