Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Proxy-Settings changed each use of SOAPUI

Hello,

i have a problem with my internet-explorer-settings and soapUI.

Whenever I start soapUI it changes the setting “use automatic configuration script”
to unchecked.
To use the internet I need this setting in my system.
To make sure that this is not an issue of my system I have tried another system which has
internet-explorer8 (I use internet explorer9)
It does not work either.
The installed version is SOAPUI 4.5 x64
My system is a windows 7 64 bit.

What can i do ?

6 Replies

• I can verify the same behavior. I have soapUI Pro, but I just downloaded the free version (4.5.1) for the purpose of documenting a test procedure for those who don't have the pro version. Suddenly I had no external network access. After a futile reboot, I realized my proxy settings were removed from Windows 7 "Internet Options". I added the proxy back in. Then started soapUI (free) 4.5.1 again and my system's proxy settings were again erased.

Adding my proxy settings to soapUI's preferences didn't help. Upon restarting soapUI, it erases Windows' "Internet Options" still.

-tim
    ByteFlinger
    Occasional Contributor
    I was going to report this in a thread but since it already exists I thought I'd just add to it.

Me (and a few colleagues) are also having the same issue. soapUI turns off Proxy settings on IE. Turning off so that it does not show the start page when starting the application does not help to solve it.

It's quite an annoying bug since any internet browsing requires a proxy for us to be able to get through the companies firewall and most applications on windows are using system settings for proxy so working with soapUI sometimes results in all internet applications not working until you open IE and re-enable the proxy settings.

Hope it is fixed soon.

Regards
    ByteFlinger
  • I have the same issue !

My proxy is disabled completely, un-installed souapUI and still the same. Has to delete and recreate my Windows profile to get fixed.

Windows 8 Pre-Release 64bit
    IE 10

• I found this issue in the soapUI Pro forum. It was confirmed by SmartBear tech support as a known bug (in 4.5.1 I believe) involving the soapUI internal browser. The workaround listed there (using a command-line switch to disable the browser) didn't work for me on Windows 7, but I found that I could launch soapUI, go to File > Preferences > UI Settings tab and uncheck the 2nd-to-last option, “Disable Browser,” to prevent this issue with the IE network settings from occuring. I don't know what other impact disabling the internal browser may have, but my stuff works fine for me so far.
  • same issue in the chrome and firefox ....
    I am not using the internet explorer so can you give me any solution for chrome and firefox against this issue ...