Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Property Transfer New Layout question

Hello,
In the last version of soapUI, clicking 'run' would show show a new window with all the values that were transferred and ones that weren't. This was very useful.

I see that in the latest snapshot, there is no corresponding window to show what values were transferred.

I like the new layout but would also like to see the transfer status window.

THanks

Ali

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

the new version has a "Log" inspector at the bottom of the window that shows all transfers that have occured while the editor has been open in the same way as they were displayed in the popup (including those when running a testcase) we found this more flexible and in line with the other editors..

Hope this helps!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Oh.
    I agree. much better than the last one. Kind of hard to keep track of all the UI changes

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    hehe yes :-)

We're putting up a blog where we will post a walk-through after each snapshot.. hopefully available sometime soon!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Yes, we need to get that one up...

The general idea behind a the new inspectors are that generally we try to  free up space and, most importantly, reduce information overload in the Interface.

My favourite is the "slide up" functionality of the assertion inspector when an assertion slides fails.

Hmm, maybe the log inspector should slide up when a TestStep fails and that the failed step should be marked in some way?