Forum Discussion

dovy
Occasional Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Preferences cannot be saved after update to 3.5.0

We have recently updated ReadyAPI from 3.3.0 to 3.5.0.

I have noticed that OK button in preferences doesn't work. And so, no setting in preferences can be adjusted.

Did anyone had the same issue? I am thinking maybe it could be related to 3.4.0 version added feature, but not sure how to fix it:

------------------------------------------

All ReadyAPI settings are now stored in the <User Folder>/.readyapi/readyapi-settings.xml file. Previously, these settings were stored in the <User Folder>/soapui-settings.xml file and were shared with SoapUI Open Source that was inconvenient if you used both applications.

If you have used ReadyAPI before, your settings will be copied to the new file at the first start of ReadyAPI 3.4.

Important notes:

• Once you run ReadyAPI 3.4, it starts using a new settings file. Changes made in the new version will not apply to the older ones and vice versa.

• If you specified the path to the default settings file in your automated test runs, you may need to update it.

11 Replies

Rclary
      New Contributor

I see no solution here. I have the same problem, cannot save changes to preferences. OK does nothing.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rclary,

Could you please try to do the following?

• Close ReadyAPI
          go to the .readyapi folder in uses (C:\Users\%user%\.readyapi)
          Open the readyapi-settings.xml document using Notepad or Notepad++
          Find the following setting "setting id="Script Library"" and edit the path of the scripts to "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-3.5\bin\scripts"
          Save the file and restart ReadyAPI.

Does it help?