Ask a Question

Pass test suite with failed test cases

danmit
New Contributor

Pass test suite with failed test cases

Hello!

I have a API that has a feature still under development so I am getting a 500 error when running some teste. I know this issue will be addressed in future updates. Is it possible to have the test suite pass but still keep those test cases that failed with their status?

I would like to have them in the report but not fail the whole test suite for two tests. 

3 REPLIES 3
richie
Community Hero

Hey @damnit,

Do you definitely want to execute these currently failing tests? You could disable them so they don't get executed.
Or if you want them executed you could alter the assertions so they pass (which is, i admit, a rubbish solution)
Or you could perhaps force the test case status change to pass after executing the final teststep in the testcase? Have a look at the following stackoverflow link. This looks to do this option.
I can't think of any others, but i'm sure the groovy experts will have a whizzy way of doing it!

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
danmit
New Contributor

Hello @richie 

Thank you for your involvement and sugestions. I seams that the link you referred to is missing.

I had taken in consideration the methods mentioned by you but keeping them reported is kind of a reminder that the issues have to be fixed. 

richie
Community Hero

Hey @damnit,

My bad....i didn't paste in the link.

Here ya go --> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65024751/soapui-groovy-script-setting-test-step-status-to-test-s...

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: