Jainsoumya
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Not able to install Postman plugin

Hi,

I am not able to install Postman plugin in Readyapi getting this pop up

• Hey Stalsy,

I think the problem is that the plugins arent updated each time a new version of ReadyAPI is released to support thr new version....hence the problem installing the plugin.

Just as an aside, id alwaya disable the ReadyAPI Proxy setting whenever installing a plugin. Youre just adding a complication you dont need.

For now only thing i can suggest if you really need to convert a postman collection is either create the collection contents manually ( i tend to do this anyway as i dont like the flat api structure of converted collections in ReadyAPI anyway) OR, downgrade your ReadyAPI to a version that supporta the current plugin, run the import to convert the postman collection into ReadyAPI and THEN upgrade back to latest.

Ta

Rich

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Jainsoumya,

Im sorry, im unable to see the content of the error dialogue as the image is too blurry and i cant check myself cos im typing this on my phone.

Can you confirm what the error dialogue text says please?
    Can you confirm what version of ReadyAPI youre using?
    Also, when you try and install the plugin, have you checked if anything is logged within the ReadyAPI logs and the Error logs? They also may give some indications what the problem is.

Cheers

Rich
      Stalsy
      Contributor

I have the same issue.  The above message says: "Unable to install plugin: Connection timed out."

The messages I get are: "Unable to install the plugin: Connection reset" (when I set Proxy=off),

and: "Unable to install the plugin: Unable to tunnel through proxy.  Proxy returns "HTTP/1.1 504 Gateway Timeout" (when I have Proxy= ON (automatic)).

However, I was able to upgrade ReadyAPI from 3.6 to 3.10 just last week...

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey Stalsy,

I think the problem is that the plugins arent updated each time a new version of ReadyAPI is released to support thr new version....hence the problem installing the plugin.

Just as an aside, id alwaya disable the ReadyAPI Proxy setting whenever installing a plugin. Youre just adding a complication you dont need.

For now only thing i can suggest if you really need to convert a postman collection is either create the collection contents manually ( i tend to do this anyway as i dont like the flat api structure of converted collections in ReadyAPI anyway) OR, downgrade your ReadyAPI to a version that supporta the current plugin, run the import to convert the postman collection into ReadyAPI and THEN upgrade back to latest.

Ta

Rich