Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
6 years ago
Solved

Not Contains Assertion (JSON attribute value) - not XML

Hey,

I've been investigating the Not Contains assertion to verify that a json attribute does NOT contain a specific value.

HOWEVER - all the posts I've seen on this on this forum/stackoverflow (stackoverflow post)etc. and soapuiforum either provide a groovyscript option to handle the not contains or uses XML as the example for the not contains.

HOWEVER - my response is in .json and my groovyscript is rubbish so I'd like to find the OTB solution.

I want to assert that a specific name/value pair attribute in my json response does NOT contain a certain value.

As stated above - I've seen the following Not Contains assertion value repeated in lots of places to assert that a tag doesnt contain the value zero, but this is XML, NOT json.

(?s).*<recordCount>[^0]</recordCount>(?s).*

Does anyone know the syntax to do this in jsonpath? 

I miss XPATH & XML....

thanks to all! :)

richie 

• richie ,

Here is the script assertion for the same.

If I understand right, the value of "entityLogicalName" should not be "appointment". And below script checks that.

/**
    * Below is the script assertion for the REST Request Test step
    **/
    def json = new groovy.json.JsonSlurper().parseText(context.response)
    def logicalNames = json.sessiondata.'appointment.nhs_slottype'.entityLogicalName
    def checkFor = 'appointment'
    //Negative check - value should not have appointment "!=", 
    //Positive check -  use "==" to match value with appointment
    assert logicalNames.every {it != checkFor}, "Not expecting value ${checkFor} for entityLogicalName, but found"

14 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero

Hey richie,

The Not Contains assertion is not concerned with json nor xml. With this type of assertion you can search for a string and you can use regex in the process. Thus this should work the same on json as on xml.

richie
      Community Hero

Hey nmrao 

nah - this is a fresh new project (I'm juggling 3 different ones at the moment!)

p.s. - I haven't responded to that other post yet (the one you link to) cos my project moved the endpoints into some secure Azure resource and I cant hit the endpoint anymore.  Trying to get it sorted today - as soon as I do - I can generate a response and comment on the help so far!

Cheers to All!

richie 

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Use case please?
        Contains what? Substring ? A value from the list?