Forum Discussion

klauern
Contributor
10 years ago

No errors when loading classes compiled with Java 8

I was following the instructions for writing your own Actions http://www.soapui.org/Developers-Corner/extending-soapui.html, and everything looked good:

Fri May 16 07:33:52 CDT 2014:INFO:Adding actions from [C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.0.0\bin\actions\demo-actions.xml]

But nothing showed up in the dialog.

There is also nothing showing an error that it failed to load the class, or there was some version mismatch. I realized that by default, I've been making projects compiled to 1.8, so I dropped this project down to 1.7 and the dialog showed up this time.

I consider this a bug over a feature request because i would have expected to get an error about some compiled class version mismatch. You could also say it's a feature request to support 1.8-compiled plugins, but I'm not doing anything 1.8-specific to ask for such a big feature.

7 Replies

• Yes, the error log was empty. That's why I thought it was a bug.

I'm using the 5.0.0 version of SoapUI, fwiw.
  • Fri May 16 08:01:05 CDT 2014:INFO:Adding [C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.0.0\bin\ext\ojdbc7.jar] to extensions classpath
    Fri May 16 08:01:05 CDT 2014:INFO:Adding [C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.0.0\bin\ext\soapui-extensions-samples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar] to extensions classpath
    Fri May 16 08:01:05 CDT 2014:INFO:initialized soapui-settings from [C:\Users\A03182\soapui-settings.xml]
    Fri May 16 08:01:06 CDT 2014:INFO:Loading workspace from [C:\Users\....]
    Fri May 16 08:01:07 CDT 2014:INFO:Used java version: 1.7.0_40
    Scheduling autosave every 5 minutes
    Scheduling garbage collection every 60 seconds
    Fri May 16 08:01:08 CDT 2014:INFO:Adding actions from [C:\Program Files\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.0.0\bin\actions\demo-actions.xml]

So it loads the .jar (soapui-extensions-samples-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) just fine. Every other log is currently empty, so there's nothing to copy there.
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    yes, this seems to be a bug
    could you share your actions jar - or a very simple implementation (compiled with java and your xml files to let me reproduce and check if something can be done please (no garantee I will have time to fix this but I can give it a try)?