Need help to modularizing tests using soapui pro
I have couple of test follows a similar pattern as below and I am trying to modularize these tests:
- Send RQ to create table
- Get table number and pass it is JDBC Datasoure to get the data fields for that table
- Validation script in groovy to validate RQ/RS data with the data fields in the db tables
The way I am trying to accomplish as below
- Send RQ to create table, capture table number and store it as custom property of the test as S_table_no
- Run TestCase CommunVal
- Groovy script to the get the table number from source testcase (in this example TestCase1) using below
def tbl_no = testRunner.testCase.getPropertyValue("S_table_no")
- DataSource step to get the for the table using tbl_no
- Validation script to validate source test RQ/RS and data fields for the table created in the source test case1
This is my current flow. I am not able to pass table number to the CommonVal using Run TestCase step. Appreciate any help or suggestion on this…..
Re: Need help to modularizing tests using soapui pro
I make extensive use of independent test cases and the "Run TestCase" test step to modularise tests. I'm not sure if I understand your use case exactly but I hope this helps...
If I have two "sub" test cases and I want to pass a value from the first case to the second, I will create a test case level property in both the sub cases, then in the first one I will set this property, effectively making it an output property.
Important, when you call test cases that returns properties you must configure this in the calling "Run TestCase" step:
Remember to tick the properties that are return properties.
Then I have the second test case where the test case level property is effectively an input property.
In my "calling" test case, the one orchestrating the sub common test cases, I then use a Property Transfer Test Step to copy the property in question. The transfer test step will look something like:
Overall the project will look something like:
Notice how I've moved my common test cases to a separate test suite for convenience.