Forum Discussion

dmaslennikov
New Contributor
11 years ago

Lots of bugs during LoadUI evaluation

Hello,

I'm new LoadUI user. I've started evaluation of LoadUI several days ago. I found a lot of bugs, which block my evaluation for now.

I've tried to use both free and trial versions of LoadUI.

First day I've install free version on my Mac and play a little bit. Next day it was impossible to run LoadUI - screenshot with error message is attached.

Then I tried to install Pro version (2.1.2) of LoadUI on my mac. Installation was successful, but LoadUI didn't start (show "Java 7" splash screen during 20 minutes). This situation was reproduces on Mac of my coworker.

Then I tried to install LoadUI agents on CentOS. I've got error messages from both 2.5.3 and 2.1.2 versions.

Error from 2.5.3:

> Unpacking JRE ...
> Preparing JRE ...
> LoadUI-Agent-2.5.3 (1).sh: bin/unpack200: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
> Error unpacking jar files. The architecture or bitness (32/64)
> of the bundled JVM might not match your machine.

Error from 2.1.2:

> Preparing JRE ...
> ./loadUI-Agent-2.1.2: bin/unpack200: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
> You might also need administrative privileges for this operation.

Finally I've tried to run load test (using CentOS version I only have working) from command line. It was impossible because of DOS line endings in sh file. After I convert them, I was able to run load test, but it always ends with error response code as described on your forum:

viewtopic.php?t=14515

So, I want to know when are you going to publish fix for this problem.

8 Replies

• Hi!

Please use the executable file, not the sh-script to start LoadUI.

I'll have a look at the issue in the other forum topic.

Regards

Henrik
    LoadUI team
  • This part of the error message:

...suggests that you're trying to install LoadUI 64-bit on a 32-bit Operating System, or vice versa. Is this the case?

Regards

Henrik O
  • heols wrote:

This part of the error message:

...suggests that you're trying to install LoadUI 64-bit on a 32-bit Operating System, or vice versa. Is this the case?

I tried to run agent downloaded from http://www.loadui.org/pro/2.1.2/ on

$ uname -a
    Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.32-358.6.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Apr 23 19:29:00 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
  • Please use the tar.gz version and delete the jre folder. Also make sure that you have Java installed.
    GuillermoD
    Occasional Contributor
    I am about to install the agent on ubuntu 12.04 64 bits. Is there a recomended java version/distribution?
  • gdewey wrote:
    I am about to install the agent on ubuntu 12.04 64 bits. Is there a recomended java version/distribution?

Newest Oracle Java 7.
    GuillermoD
    Occasional Contributor
    Ok tks, its good to know so I wont test any more with openjvm on the ubuntu repositories