Forum Discussion

ElavarasanR
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Loading RAML in ReadyAPI

Hi,

I am trying to load RAML file in Ready API latest version and observe below error. There is no clue on this ,could anyone be able to guide me in resolving this issue?

Tue Nov 05 16:48:36 GMT 2019: ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException

• java.lang.NullPointerException
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.TypeToRuleVisitor.generateRule(TypeToRuleVisitor.java:89)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.TypeToRuleVisitor.visitArray(TypeToRuleVisitor.java:323)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.TypeToRuleVisitor.visitArray(TypeToRuleVisitor.java:66)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.ArrayResolvedType.visit(ArrayResolvedType.java:149)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.TypeToRuleVisitor.generateRule(TypeToRuleVisitor.java:89)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.TypeToRuleVisitor.visitObject(TypeToRuleVisitor.java:158)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.TypeToRuleVisitor.visitObject(TypeToRuleVisitor.java:66)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.type.ObjectResolvedType.visit(ObjectResolvedType.java:275)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.phase.ExampleValidationPhase.validateJson(ExampleValidationPhase.java:134)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.phase.ExampleValidationPhase.validate(ExampleValidationPhase.java:121)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.phase.ExampleValidationPhase.apply(ExampleValidationPhase.java:81)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.Raml10Builder.runPhases(Raml10Builder.java:114)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.Raml10Builder.build(Raml10Builder.java:93)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.phase.LibraryLinkingTransformation.transform(LibraryLinkingTransformation.java:69)
  • at org.raml.yagi.framework.phase.TransformationPhase.apply(TransformationPhase.java:45)
  • at org.raml.yagi.framework.phase.TransformationPhase.apply(TransformationPhase.java:54)
  • at org.raml.yagi.framework.phase.TransformationPhase.apply(TransformationPhase.java:54)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.Raml10Builder.runPhases(Raml10Builder.java:114)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.v10.Raml10Builder.build(Raml10Builder.java:93)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.RamlBuilder.build(RamlBuilder.java:110)
  • at org.raml.v2.internal.impl.RamlBuilder.build(RamlBuilder.java:98)
  • at org.raml.v2.api.RamlModelBuilder.buildApi(RamlModelBuilder.java:124)
  • at org.raml.v2.api.RamlModelBuilder.buildApi(RamlModelBuilder.java:92)
  • at org.raml.v2.api.RamlModelBuilder$buildApi.call(Unknown Source)
  • at com.smartbear.soapui.raml.RamlV10Importer.importRaml(RamlV10Importer.groovy:48)
  • at com.smartbear.soapui.raml.actions.RamlImporterWorker.construct(RamlImporterWorker.java:55)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:47)
  • at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:88)
  • Hi ElavarasanR 

I've never tried creating a project via a .raml file before - so I installed the plugin and downloaded a small example .raml from git - but when it tried expanding when creating the new project I got a nullpointer exception too - a different one - but still...

I'd raise a service request (unless anyone else has any better ideas) as it sounds like there are issues with plugin - the link to do so is here

Sorry I can't be of more help!

cheers.

rich

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi ElavarasanR 

I've never tried creating a project via a .raml file before - so I installed the plugin and downloaded a small example .raml from git - but when it tried expanding when creating the new project I got a nullpointer exception too - a different one - but still...

I'd raise a service request (unless anyone else has any better ideas) as it sounds like there are issues with plugin - the link to do so is here

Sorry I can't be of more help!

cheers.

rich

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the investigation, richie. 

Hi ElavarasanR! It is sad to hear that you are facing this issue. To understand the situation better, could you confirm that you have the SoapUI RAML Plugin installed?

ElavarasanR
        Occasional Contributor

Hi Sonya,

Thanks a lot for looking into this, i have installed the RAML plugin (latest version) in ready api 2.8.2 version. There are many raml projects, which are getting loaded successfully. Only couple of projects are throwing error and this error is one of among them.

Thanks

Ela

ElavarasanR
      Occasional Contributor

richie sonya_m 

The issue has been bottomed out.

The problem was in the raml file example declaration where ( items: string) was missing. After adding that raml is loading successfully.
      type: array
      items: string