Forum Discussion

CJDownUnder
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

JDBC Datasource defaults to row 1 instead of row 0

This is more a bug report than a question, but I'm not sure how to report defects. Anybody have any ideas how?

I noticed that when I create a new JDBC datasource, the default Start Row in the settings defaults to 1 instead of 0. This means the datasource doesn't fetch the first item of data in the DB. For the datasource dialog, the setting is buried in the setting dialog where it's not obvious (whereas for, say, an Excel datasource it is on the main dialog, and obvious). This had me puzzled for a while until I worked out what was happening. I mentioned it to a colleague and he realized that that was the cause of an issue that had been bugging him for a while, so it ks obviously causing issues.

Shouldn't a new JDBC datasource default to a Start Row of 0?

• What version are you using? Latest one seems to have the field empty and starts with row 0.

3 Replies

• What version are you using? Latest one seems to have the field empty and starts with row 0.

• Strange, I'm not seeing this behaviour now. It might be connected to the fact that the project originated in an earlier version and was migrated.