Forum Discussion

Hellotest
Contributor
2 years ago

Is there any setting so that I can see only changes instead of seeing the whole file

In Ready API GIT panel , presently when you click on file, it shows all file contents in red and then all file contents in green.

As in screenshot below.

Is there any settings that we can enable so that it shows exactly the change we did instead of showing in red whole file and green again with whole file.

Please suggest.

5 Replies

mkrausem
    Occasional Contributor

Hi richie ,

we had the same issue and I created an issue. It is internal als RIA-15964 in developlment.

At the moment we use TortoiseGit to view the changes and don't use the ReadyAPI Git-Functionalty

Kind Regards, Michael

Hellotest
      Contributor

This is strange . Ready API is licensed one and still we need to use other tools for these type of functionality.

I think there should be some setting available to view your change only.

Otherwise if issue is raised then what is ETA?

mkrausem
        Occasional Contributor

Hi,

last answer from 2021

For now, unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for this bug.

😞

richie
    Community Hero

Hey Hellotest 

Isn't it showing the changes that were made?  i.e. the red (prefixed by the minus signs) are what has been removed and the green (prefixed by the plus signs) indicate what has been added in the latest add/commit/push?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Rich

Hellotest
      Contributor

Hello Richie,

I just made one line change in that file and would like to view that change I made.

Instead here it shows whole file is removed in red and then new file including my change is showed in green.

It is difficult to just view my change.