Forum Discussion

Emil91
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Is it possible to send request and answer through activeMQ using soapUI? Requ and answ is in JSON

Hey there guys,

I wonder if it's possible to somehow configure soapUI with activeMQ? That would be awesome and save me alot of time. As everyone know it's not easy to find new tools and learn from the begin.

What I want to do is use service in soapUI NG pro which is going through activeMQ, i heard about "HermesJMS" but I'm not sure if this app is still available and serviced.

I have both request and response service in JSON, I would like to load requests and answers in my soapUI ng pro and make some steps for requests and answers... Well I think it will be pain in the ass, but I have to try, thanks in advance guys for sharing your ideas, I really appreciate that, cheers.

Best regards

Emil

• That is what I was trying to say. No jms communication from client side i.e., from with in soapui. Client still uses REST service of activeMQ. and Your application must be communicating directly with activeMQ.
    ENDPOINT to be used in soapui
    http://activeMQhost/ip:8161/api/message/TEST?type=queue

with credentials.

29 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You mean REST API over JMS? Never heard that.
      groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

Could use some more specific details on your use case.

Do you have a service that you use SoapUI to test, and that service writes to ActiveMQ? Are you looking for a way to build something in SoapUI to query/test that your service wrote successfully to ActiveMQ?

Emil91
        Contributor

groovyguyExactly I've got service which writes to activeMQ, and I'm  looking for way to build tunnel between soapUI and activeMQ, for example I have requests , and I can send it to activeMQ(server) from queue to specific topic, but that's not the point.

I want to be able to send such requests with soapUI, and also I would like to be able to read results of send requests :| Well it sounds complicated but I would be really happy if it's possible..

nmraoCommunication of service takes place using activeMQ server, using queue and topic, send data to queue and receive on topic.

I send a request via activeMQ with JSON, and receives a response from with JSON, that is such a protocol.

Is it possible to send such requests via soapUI Ng pro? And also integrate with activeMQ so I can listen to what is posted on the activeMQ topic? If yes that would be great, thank you for your time ;d, perhaps I'm missing something.

Thank you guys for the support

Best regards

Emil